|You sense something special when you enter the western gateway of the newest beachfront park. The Plaza welcomes you to stay awhile with it's terraced landscape, teak benches and flowing Mediterranean fountain. The faint sounds of the antique carousel beckon your inner child to play. This is the perfect spot for all kinds of festive gatherings. A convenient drop-off circle makes it simple to partake in park activities or the Sunday Arts and Craft Show. Near the Visitors Center and one block from restaurants, shopping and the Wharf
- Accessibility/Meets ADA requirements
- Hours Available/Mon-Sun, 7am-10pm(May be extended with prior approval)
Please contact 805-963-946 for information on renting the Carousel for private events.
- Catering your event professionally or on your own is welcome, though the space is not designed for cooking. Barbecuing allowed by a licensed caterer only. Equipment like tables, chairs and barbecue is to be provided by the user. All types of beverages are allowed although a permit is required
- To reserve The Plaza an "Application for Facility Use Permit" must be completed and submitted along with a non-refundable $100 reservation fee payable to the City of Santa Barbara. The reservation fee is applied to your final balance, which is due two months prior to your event date. To reserve the Carousel, please call 805-963-9463 for information.
- Free parking is available on Cabrillo Boulevard and on side streets. Paid parking is available in the parking lot at Garden Street and Cabrillo Boulevard.
Paid Parking Schedule
- May-September/Daily from 8am-10pm
- October-May Weekends only (weather permitting) from 8am-10pm
- Travel Access .5 mile from Highway 101 and Garden Street exit.
- From the North: Take Highway 101 south to the Garden Street exit and turn right. Go two blocks to Cabrillo Boulevard and turn left. The Plaza & Carousel are at the corner of Cabrillo Boulevard and Garden Street.
- From the South: Take Highway 101 North to the Garden Street exit. Turn left and go two blocks to Cabrillo Boulevard. The Plaza & Carousel are on the corner of Cabrillo Boulevard and Garden Streets.
- The $100 reservation fee is non-refundable if you cancel your scheduled event. The balance of the fee will be refunded less 10%, if cancellation is given at least ten (10) working days in advance. Security deposits are refunded in full if event is cancelled or within 15 working days after an event provided there are no damages.
- Park monitor is on duty during the entire event.
- Alcohol may be served for 5 hours only. If alcohol is sold an Alcohol Beverage Control Board permit must obtained and displayed during the event.
- Candles must be enclosed in a votive or hurricane glass covering.
- No sequins, glitter, or confetti
- Use of generator is permitted.
- Tiki torches, heat lamps, propane tanks and propane burners are allowed.
Non-Profit and Educational Institutions
- Reservation Fee (non-refundable applied to the balance) $100
- Permit Application Fee (non-refundable)$5
- Daily Rate/$105
- Staff Monitor (required for all rentals)/$10 per hour
- Security Deposit (refundable)/$200
Commercial & Private Activities
- Reservation Fee (non-refundable)/$100
- Permit Application Fee (non-refundable)/$5
- Daily Rate/$210
- Staff Monitor (required for all-rentals)/$10 per hour
- Security Deposit refundable/$200
Smaller sites are available for parties and picnics